Without Wax

Monday, April 20, 2015

Hello everybody!
So formal. :')
Hope everyone is having a fant-astic summer! It's going by too damn quickly isn't?
Anyways, lets get straight down to business! To many of you, the title of this blog post probably makes no sense! And you're also probably thinking that I've finally lost it! BUT nooooo. That is something that is still yet to happen! Anyways, this title actually makes more sense than most of my other titles do! When I read what 'Without Wax' means in two of the amazingly talented Dan Brown's books, it just made so much sense and is quite beautiful to me actually!
So basically sculptors, from the time of Michelangelo (who is a famous artist from the 16th century! AND other than being a FAB-ULOUS artist he is also a sculptor, painter, architect, poet, and engineer of the High Renaissance! Thank you Wikipedia. :') ) have been hiding the flaws in their work by smearing hot wax into the cracks on their work an then dusting the hot wax  with stone dust! So now their sculptures would look flawless to the human eyes! And you thought that the people from the 15th century were down right daft because they thought that the Earth was flat! :P So anyways this method was actually considered cheating and therefore any sculpture 'Without Wax' ( which is literally sine cera in Latin or as we know it, sincere! ) was considered to be a 'sincere' piece of art! So even to this day people sign their letters as 'Sincerely' as a promise that what the person has written is 'Without Wax' as in, his words are true!
( I would like to take a moment to thank Dan Brown for this oh so fascinating piece of information that I wouldn't have received if I hadn't read his amazing and shocking books, 'Digital Fortress' and 'The Lost Symbol'. I'd further like to thank my mum for getting me a copy of 'Digital Fortress' and Id like to thank an amazing bestie of mine for lending me his copy of 'The Lost Symbol' :') )
Basically from this I feel that we should ALWAYS stay true to ourselves! We should never ever let society change us! People who are to true to themselves are the most beautiful! They are the ones who are the most successful! They are the ones who everyone looks up to! They are the ones who keep moving forward!
Somewhere along the line some important people in your life may stop giving you the attention you deserve and you may feel obligated to change but NO. Hold your head up high and move on because you may want that person to be a part of the story of your life but maybe they were meant to be just a chapter in your life!  AND the best way to get someone's attention is to stop giving them yours! Trust me, once you do this, they will definitely start to realize what you mean to them!
Anyways, as you know, you only live once ( #YOLO ) and is it honestly worth living life as a 2nd or 3rd rate version of someone else when you can be a 1st rate version of YOURSELF!
So yeah, I think we should ALWAYS be 'Without Wax'!
And so that was today's blog! One of my favorite so far! Do leave your thoughts below! I always enjoy reading them!
A special shoutout to Vittal and Akshatha and Anupras! You guys are the reason I continue writing and enjoy what I do!
Without Wax,
That Indian Blogger

Songs For The Day-
Tenerife Sea - Ed Sheeran <3 <3
One - Ed Sheeran
Even My Dad Does Sometimes - Ed Sheeran
Ps- Yes I am currently OBSESSED with Ed Sheeran.

You Might Also Like

0 comments