She Believed She Could, So She Did.

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Hi there. Remember me?
Long time no see, but then again, what's new.
There have been so many instances where I could've opened up my laptop and posted something on here over the past three months but I just couldn't. I didn't really want to either because I cannot tell you what sort of a dark place I was in during the past two months. I have slowly come out of it, I think. I just saw a documentary called Slingshot based on the guy who invented the Segway, Dean Kamen and how he's practically changing the world every single day and there I was, just sat on my living room floor where I had been for the past 520 minutes, or rather 13 episodes of The Vampire Diaries (which is a GREAT show btw. I have been binge watching it for the past couple of days and I'm already almost done with season 3 which is approximately 2360 minutes of my life wasted. I like to tell myself that staring at the gorgeous Ian Somerhalder is worth it, but who am I kidding) doing absoultely nothing, just wasting my time, precious time that I could never get back so I decided to get off my bum and do what I think I am best at and what I love, writing.
So four months ago, things started getting very real and very scary because the board exams were right around the corner and I realised that I CANNOT afford to mess this up. I had not been the most academically brilliant student the past two years and as the exams kept getting nearer I kept questioning if I could actually do well. I would see my friends working so hard, harder than ever before and I kept questioning if I had done enough. Something I've learnt since then is to NEVER question yourself. If you believe that you have worked your hardest, then you have. Don't let anyone make you question that.
My mum had to basically hit this fact into my head constantly and honestly, I don't think I could've done it without her reminding me to believe that I could do it. Trust me, believing that you can is everything, the moment you lose your belief, you've lost practically lost the battle and lost everything.
Anyways, that girl with a massive inferiority complex who kept questioning her capabilities every other day turned out to get a 91% in her board exams and you know what, she's proud. It may not be as good as how much my friends got or how much the topper got but I am proud, and I made my parents proud and my family proud and nobody can take that from me.
I cannot tell you how worked up I was, awaiting the results. There were sleepless nights, there were numerous panic attacks and breakdowns and now it all seems like all that time spent crying was completely unnecessary and an utter waste of time because here I am, happy, and if I got through it, so can you.
Something else I had to tackle were entrance exams, and those really took a toll on me because all of a sudden, from the confines and comfort of a school with about 100 something students in your grade, you're thrown out into the big bad world, competing with lakhs of students on a national scale. That hit me in ways I never thought it could. I would cry every single day, I was so close to giving up on multiple occasions, I basically thought I was useless and a waste of space and I'm here to tell you that rule number one is to definitely not do what I did.
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. The world is your oyster and if you are crazy enough to think that you can bring about world peace or cure cancer or build a time machine THEN SO BE IT. Because if there's anything that documentary or Steve Jobs taught me, it's that the crazy ones, the ones who think that they can change the world, are the ones who usually do.
I'm working on this. I have big dreams and passions and hopefully one day I'll be writing a blog post telling you that I made it because I believed I could.
No dream is too big or too small.
You believe you could get into an Ivy League school? You will get into an Ivy League school.
You believe you can own a Ferrari in the future? You will own a Ferrari in the future.
It's as simple as that.
Sooo, that's it for today, gotta get back to my Vampire Diaries marathon 😂😜
I hope this post made even one of you think twice about yourself and believe in yourself.
That one person could go on to be the first person on Mars or to invent a device to teleport, who knows.
Tell me what you think in the comments!
Until next time,
Auf Wiedersehen

Without Wax,
That Indian Blogger x




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Great post, thanks for sharing. You can't underestimate the importance of self-belief - low confidence can be so self-limiting. I've just come across this motivational jewelry. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete