Travel Diary: Taiwan

Friday, August 10, 2018

Hey guys!
I'm back with a new post at a record time, I'm not quite sure how that happened either.
Before I start off with the post I'd like to mention something that happened that left me SHOOK. Someone recognized me as That Indian Blogger in a mall the other day. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! Never in a million years did I see myself in that situation. So a massive shout out to the girl who came up to me.
So this is a post I've wanted to put up for a while but never really got around to it.
IMG-4653
In March of this year, I visited Taiwan with my dad.
I don't want to bore you with a lot of details, so I'll try to keep it short and fill the rest of the post with pictures from the trip.
I was amazed by the country from the very beginning. As I stepped out of the plane, the first thing I saw was a massive board that said 'Taiwan' but it was completely made out of circuit boards. From the airport, we drove down to our first stop, Hsinchu, a small city in northern Taiwan. It wasn't a daunting city like the capital, Taipei. The way the city was built and maintained made me wish I lived there. We spent two days there but on the second day, we took the Taiwan High Speed Rail to two cities, Taichung, which is fairly in the middle and Kaohsiung, a city in the south. I didn't really get to explore those two cities but the train journey is something I'll never forget. It made me wish I had more time on my hands to explore the Taiwan countryside. In Taichung, I had the most memorable lunch, trying out all the local delicacies like fried oyster, goose, stinky tofu and even something called iron egg which is a boiled egg that has been braised in soy sauce for a long time because of which it is hard on the outside but soo tasty. If you find yourself in Taiwan do not be afraid to try out all the food they have to offer, you'll find yourself loving dishes you never thought you would, and it'll definitely leave you satisfied. On the last three days of my trip, I was in Taipei. Like I mentioned before, this city was quite daunting. The massive skyscrapers and just the scale of everything made me feel tiny and intimidated but I definitely would love to just get lost in it for days. I didn't get to explore as much as I'd like to but I did do quite a bit of sightseeing here like at the Taipei 101, the National Palace Museum, which I highly recommend you visit and the Raohe Street Night Market which is also a must visit.
The people there were incredibly sweet and always willing to help. Someone who didn't speak a lot of English but knew my dad for a while took us out to dinner with his family and as a stranger in foreign place, where I couldn't understand a lot of things or even a word they were saying, I felt right at home, so much love and didn't feel out of place.
Taiwan may be a small country but it had so much to offer.  I went at a time when my anxiety was really bad and this trip healed me in ways I didn't imagine it would or could. So if you get an opportunity to explore this amazing country, please do.
谢谢台湾










So that was it for today's post, I hope you liked it!
If you're reading this, thank you once again for your continued love and support! 
Hopefully I speak to you again very soon!
Auf Wiedersehen.

Without Wax,

That Indian Blogger




You Might Also Like

0 comments