Best Reads 2015

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Hello guys!
Look at me updating on time and everything. I'm going to take this seriously from now on. That Indian Blogger means business. B|
So this year a lotttt of stuff happened to me. I learnt new things, did new things and I feel like I've become a different person. Everything has changed but the one thing that hasn't changed in my life are the books. They are the one constants. Always there. Tell a story. Take you to another place, another time. Let you live another life. It's all magical. And this year I read a lot because whenever I was sad, or just wanted to escape from reality (11th grade does that to you. xD) , it was books that was my escape. So I've listed 5 books that I absolutely fell in love with and which kind of changed my life and played a part in some way or the other! So in no particular order-

1. The After Series - Anna Todd


I started reading the series about a year and a half ago and I instantly fell in love with it. It's a Harry Styles fanfiction but doesn't portray him as a One Direction member, rather as a bad boy from England with all the tattoos and piercings. The whole deal. It's a love story about him and a girl named Tessa, who is the complete opposite with straight As, knee length skirts and everything. They are the last two people that should end up together but when you read the book you start fighting for their relationship as well! The book makes you laugh, cry, scream, it just gives you THE FEELS. The story takes a lottt of twists and turns as well and it keeps you on the edge of your seats! You just have to read this book, whether you are a directioner or not!

2. How To Fall In Love - Cecilia Ahern


Cecilia Ahern is my all time favorite author and it was hard chosing one book of hers to put in this list. I chose this one because I think it was one book that is not all rainbows and fairies like her other books (which I love :P) but at the same time it makes you believe in love and life and everything. It gives you hope! It's about a guy who wants to end his life but gives a girl 2 weeks to convince him otherwise. The girl makes it her mission to make the guy fall in love with life. Do read it to find out if she succeeds! It is a beautiful book.







3. A Work In Progress - Connor Franta


I've never really been a big reader of biographies or memoirs but this one I absolutely loved! I think the reason why I loved it is the fact that it isn't just a memoir because Connor teaches you something in every chapter, whether it be how to take a good picture or to follow you dreams and passions. It also really motivates you to do things differently and go beyond your comfort zone. Definitely a must read. I also felt that it's written differently, kind of in the way Connor is in his videos and that's just another bonus! Do give it a read!






4. All The Bright Places - Jennifer Nivin


Some would call this book the next TFIOS and I have to say that I would  agree with them. When you read this book you do get strong John Green  vibes because the author has been so  honest and has put forth the reality and the harsh truth of life in a kind of beautiful way. The book is a love
story between a boy, Finch, who is suicidal and a girl, Violet, who just
lost her sister in an accident and has shut everyone out. The book takes you on a journey of their
relationship. Much like TFIOS this book does take you on an emotional roller coaster with all its ups and downs. It reminds everyone that life is too short and you only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. It also reassures teenagers who may be bullied or suicidal that however big and bad this world may seem, you are not alone. Definitely a book I strongly recommend.

5. An Abundance Of Katherines - John Green


John Green is another personal favorite of mine because of his realistic writing. Most of us read books to escape reality but there is just something about the way he puts forth the truth. This book is a really simple book compared to his other works but maybe that's why I quite enjoyed it! Not only do you go on an amusing adventure with the protagonist you read read about these small folk stories and facts that I really loved! Do give this one a read!








So that was 5 of my most favorite books I read in 2015!
Hope you guys enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!
A lott of updating has happened on the blog and I really hope you guys like it! Something new that I've added is the Guest Blogging segment. Do send in e-mails, I would love to hear from you!
Auf Wiedersehen.

Without Wax,
That Indian Blogger.

You Might Also Like

0 comments