Hello 2018: Update, Christmas, CulturalShocks +more

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Hey guyss!
I’m still here, I guess.
I haven’t been able to write a post in ages, I’m not quite sure why. It’s not even that I’m busy with college, I can make the time to sit down and write something but the thought of it has been terrifying me lately. Some posts I put up on here do better than others and I always feel the need to out do the previous post and so when I don’t, it really bums me out, I know I shouldn’t think like that but that’s also something that has been on my mind lately.
Just an update, 2017, was uneventful but at the same time, everything changed as I mentioned in the last post. Everything was new and I definitely didn’t know how to deal with anything that was happening around me. I still don’t, to be honest. College has been a bit of a slap in the face but also a warm hug and also something that reassures me that I could do well in the future. 
I was very, what I’d call, “extra” around Christmas time,
IMG-4655
making my house look Christmassy AF, hoping to bring a sense of normality back into my life. I went ALL OUT. That must sound weird though, seeing how “extra” and “normal” don’t really go well together, but my “extra af” Christmas truly made my heart warm in a time where everything around me seemed cold and my family wholeheartedly joined me for the ride and I’m going to be forever grateful for that. Never forget that family always comes first, they will always support you and love you till the very end, no matter what choices you make or what path you decide to go down on. It may not always seem like that, I know, but always remember that your family wants whats best for you but they're always ready to make compromises, so never hesitate to just sit down and have a heart to heart talk. My advice to you would be to take a second out of your day and truly appreciate your family and be thankful for them. I can't imagine what a pain I must have been going through stuff, but my family was always by my side and I don't think I could ever repay them but I know I will always strive to make them proud.
I realised recently that I’m at that age where other kids my age are off conquering the world be it in the field of science, music, dance, or even philanthropy. Thinking about this ALWAYS makes me question what I’m doing. I know I’m on the path of potentially conquering a field too but lately, I’ve been getting impatient. I always want to get off my butt and do something. (In reality though, all I’ve been doing is binge watch Korean TV dramas and listen to an unhealthy amount of Korean songs, although I don’t regret it, that’s a story for another time!)
I've accumulated 110 songs in 4 months, it's unreal😹

Something I’ve realised about that recently is we just have to be patient, my time to shine, and your time too will come, as long as we don’t go too astray. That being said, your time to shine doesn’t come without some effort or hard work put in, if you do that, I can assure you that good things will come your way. Something I’ve heard youtuber Alfie Deyes say a lot, that I found so motivating and kind of inspiring is that you have to do more of what makes you happy and you have to work the hardest you can today, kind of doing the future you a favour because hard work ALWAYS pays off. You can’t just work hard on something if it doesn’t make you happy, to me that seems futile. Imagine focusing all that hard work into something you love, the flowers that blossom from that will definitely be like no other.
So I mentioned Cultural Shocks in the title too. It’s kind of a touchy topic, but it's something that's been truly bothering me so I thought I just have to cover it. “Cultural Shocks” have been pretty much jumping at me left and right recently. They've come in various shapes and forms and they’ve been the hardest things to deal with this past couple of months. It’s something that I can’t really define. Let me just give you my brief opinion on it though. I think development, where ever it is, is so important but if our society continues to think about things and look at things the way it does, development isn't something that's going to happen anytime soon. I don't think people should ever be afraid to tell the world about who they really are, an individual's choices are the individual's own and I don't think society gets any say in that. It's the 21st-century guys, like there are certain things we just have to get rid off like discrimination against people depending on their caste or religion or race or colour or sex or sexuality or opinions. I think who the person is should always come first and not where the person comes from or what the person was born into. We don't get an option of where we're born or what our skin colour but we do get an option to chose where we want to go with our lives, what we want to do with our lives and even to just be kind. Throw kindness around like confetti is all I want to say, and don't judge people before you get to know them.

So what did you think? Let me know in the comments! I know it was kind of all over the place but I hope you enjoyed it nevertheless.
I went to Taiwan recently but I'm not sure if a post about that like my Travel Diary: Japan is something you guys would be interested in. Let me know in the comments or hit me up on Insta or wherever :P

Hope you're having a lovely day and know that you are loved. 
Auf Wiedersehen.


Without Wax, 

That Indian Blogger




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. FAM amazin content 💯💯💯,the inevitable k-pop recerrefe I saw that coming 😂

    ReplyDelete